What will you do?
Based in our Global head office in Brentford, you will learn how to deliver impactful analytical insights and recommendations to enhance the performance of our UK sales and marketing organisation. You will gain skills in data management, machine learning and statistics, whilst also developing your commercial business acumen.
On our 4-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Data Science. Your apprenticeship is a blend of learning on the job and working towards your apprenticeship with a partner course provider.
As a Data Scientist apprentice, you will work with colleagues from around the business on projects ranging from the strategic to the tactical across a wide variety of brands and disease areas. You will learn how to:
- Manage stakeholders and their expectations
- Extract, combine and manipulate data
- Use a range of machine learning and statistical analytical tools and techniques to gain insight into our data
- Influence the decisions taken by senior managers through robust and well interpreted analyses
- Learn effective techniques for data visualisation & storytelling
- Work with a diverse range of internal customers, peers, and off-shore colleagues
- Manage your time and prioritise a mix of activities
The UK commercial organisation is on a journey to becoming truly data-driven and you could be at the heart of this transformation.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme.
If you are offered a role, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
- A competitive base salary of £17,000
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully-sponsored Bachelor’s degree qualification
Get to grips with our recruitment process:
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website - https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apprentice-programmes/applying-for-our-apprentice-programme/
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here: https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/covid-19/
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible as we do not want you to miss out!
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here: https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/responsibility/our-people/inclusion-and-diversity-at-gsk/
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
- Technical skills
Data Scientists blend experience and knowledge from a wide range of fields and organisations, and continuously seek to expand their range of technical skills.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 9-5/A*-C including maths and English Language (not Literature)
- Must have/be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A levels, each at grade C/5 and above
- Must have A level maths at grade C/5 (equivalent or above) alternatively A level Computer Science at grade B/6 (or above) plus maths GCSE at grade 9-7/A*-A
Training provider to be confirmed.
Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Data Science Standard.
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your Line and Programme Manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.