Your duties might include:
- Working across a variety of projects, analysing data and making suggestions that inform business decisions and improvements
- Developing a good understanding of data structures and database systems
- Learning about and using a range of analytical tools
- Collecting, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data
- Conducting a range of analytical studies on data
- Creating visualisations of data using tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Working on machine learning projects and developing your technical skills
You’ll be excited by the thought of learning new skills and working collaboratively with colleagues from across the site. You’ll be excited to use your expertise in maths, your attention to detail and your analytical mind to help our patients and consumer do more, feel better and live longer!
- A fully-sponsored Data Science (Integrated Degree)
- A competitive annual salary of £17,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
Get to grips with our recruitment process:
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website - https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apprentice-programmes/applying-for-our-apprentice-programme/
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here: https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/covid-19/
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible as we do not want you to miss out!
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
- Technical skills
Data Scientists blend experience and knowledge from a wide range of fields and organisations, and continuously seek to expand their range of technical skills.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 9-5/A*-C including maths and English Language (not Literature)
- Must have/be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A levels, each at grade C/5, equivalent and above
- Must have A level maths at grade C/5 (equivalent or above) alternatively A level Computer Science at grade B/6 (equivalent or above) plus maths GCSE at grade 9-7/A*-A
Training provider to be confirmed.
Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Data Science Standard.
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your Line and Programme Manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.