What will the apprentice be doing?
The role involves a variety of responsibilities, including (but not limited to):
Foundation stage data handling and analysis responsibilities:
- Primary data handling and data transfer activities, mainly conducted using Excel and UK Finance’s secure data submission platform (training to be provided.)
- Engage effectively with data providers to maintain close working relationships and ensure open communication about issues with data provision.
- Primary validation of data provided in response to requests to ensure accuracy/plausibility.
- Analysis and interpretation of data, including contributing to regular and ad-hoc publications, and dashboards.
- Assist with monitoring responses to in-house market research exercises (via a simple third‑party web-based platform – training to be provided.)
Team support as required:
- Organise meetings, arrangements as required.
- Support the production of external publications in the team with research and analysis support.
- With other team analysts to contribute to the management of the central D&R e-mail inbox via which data and enquiries are submitted to the Data & Research team.
- Other ad hoc duties that the team may reasonably require.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The UK Finance Apprenticeship Programme is ideally suited to ambitious individual who are seeking to pursue a career in Data Analysis by completing a L4 apprenticeship in Data Analyst.
The apprenticeship offers an exciting 18-month structured programme of practical work experience within our Data and research department, coupled with a closely monitored and structured programme of tuition provided by a top firm of external tutors. The training will consist of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study, regular assessments, as well as on the job training. Working alongside our experienced colleagues, the programme will enable you to develop the required knowledge, skills and behaviours in order to kick start your career within Data Analysis and gaining a qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completion of the L4 Data Analyst apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 6 subject including Maths and English (Grade 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 subjects (Grade A*-C) Essential