In this role, you will learn the fundamentals of data analysis, and work with your colleagues in the Data Insights team and stakeholders across the business to collect, organise and study data to provide business insights. Your work will help consolidate data and make it accessible to business users for reporting and analysis. You will develop a strong understanding of data structures and the tools required to perform a range of analyses. Ultimately you will learn to analyse data to better understand business challenges and make recommendations that will improve our performance as a business.
“Right now is a great time to join the Time Out Tech team! Time Out is an amazing global brand helping people around the world to explore the best of the city. We are operating in an industry that is constantly evolving which means we need to stay nimble as we continue to transform our business. We're looking for motivated team members who care deeply about user and audience engagement to help us build a better online experience, with a deep focus on driving community and loyalty. We believe in experimentation, collaboration and continuous learning. If this sounds like the right environment for you, please apply to join our team!” Theresa Meyer, Head of Product and Engineering – head here for more: https://www.womenintech.co.uk/time-theresa-meyer-head-technology
Typical responsibilities of this role may include the following:
- Identifying, collecting and migrating data to/from a range of internal and external systems; manipulating and linking different data sets as required
- Performing database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- Performing statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries to better understand business issues and make recommendations for improvements
- Using a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Assisting with production of performance dashboards and reports
- Performing data quality checking and cleansing tasks
- Applying the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Summarising and presenting the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders and making recommendations to improve business performance based on that analysis
TBC nearer end of apprenticeship depending on position of the business.
Please note due to government funding restrictions you may not be eligible for this position if you have already gained significant experience or qualifications in the positions you are applying for.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- A detail orientated and organised approach to work
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Some experience using SQL and/or R would be desirable
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced transformative company in pursuit of excellence
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
- Five GCSEs, including maths and English at grade C/4 or above, and/or A levels or a Level 3 Apprenticeship
Data Analyst – Level 4
- Functional Skills in maths and English if requried
Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/data-analyst/
Assessment Plan - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/1127/data_analyst.pdf
With regards to the Data Analyst level 4 standard we would be able to deliver this remotely and at your offices. Delivery would be based on visits every month alongside monthly classroom sessions, curated video channels, workbooks, webinars and other learning materials.
The specific outline for each learner will depend on a number of factors such as their roles, priorities and needs but course outlines – based on all knowledge delivered to a learner working 36 hours per week so 600 hours of Off the Job in total.
Learners would have approximately 76.5 hours of tutor led over the duration of the apprenticeship alongside 20 hours of SQL training. This would leave approximately 5 hours per week of additional learner tasks and other learning activities.
The course teaches learners to collect, organise and study data, using a range of analytical techniques to provide business insight and technical data solutions to stakeholder/customer issues.
This includes a number of skills:
- Identify, collect and migrate data
- Manipulate and link data sets
- Perform database queries and statistical analyses
- Use analytical and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends
- Produce reports and present results
And covers these areas of knowledge:
- Data life cycle
- Different types of data
- Data structure
- Database design
- Quality issues
- Defining customer requirements
- Processes and tools for data analysis and integration
The two knowledge modules are primarily covered in the classroom sessions:
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
Alongside this we include the SQL for Developers and Analysts with MS SQL Server course which includes 3.5 hours of additional video learning alongside online workbooks and takes approximately 20 hours to complete.
Evidence collected will cover knowledge, skills and behaviours and helps the learner build the experience and portfolios they need to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
We also give the learners mock synoptic projects and EPA interviews to ensure they are ready for the End Point Assessment and know precisely what to expect at all points in the process. The EPA itself includes:
- Portfolio –produced towards the end of the apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects
- Project - a business-related project over a one-week period away from the day to day workplace
- Employer Reference
- A structured interview with an assessor - exploring the portfolio and the project