We’ll bet you didn’t think that analysing data had a big place in Communications, right? Well you’d be wrong. In our Incentive, Recognition and Ambassador Programmes, we have over 20,000 colleagues, and we need to make sure these programmes are optimised to really deliver benefits for everyone. And we need to use data to do that.
- As we run campaigns, you’ll be there to review all the results and make sure we’re maximising revenue and value by carrying out statistical analysis
- You’ll be collecting, organising and studying data that helps us inform our strategy and approach to rewarding colleagues. That means you’ll help identify, collect, migrate and interpret data to and from a range of internal and external systems as well as manipulate and link different data sets together
- You’ll also carry out tasks like querying the data using Business Objects, SAP and Excel
- Once we’ve got the data we need, you’ll help check the data quality and clean it, to make sure it can really help us make good decisions
- When it comes to the analysis side of things, we’ll teach you a whole range of techniques to help visualise and present data back to the business, so it’s easy for people to understand. Things like data mining, time series forecasting, and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- You’ll work with our amazing team of professionals to create performance dashboards and other reports for other teams to use; so, you’ll need to be a great communicator to explain everything
It’s a really analytical job and you’ll need an eye for detail, but you’ll always be learning new skills and techniques to really help build your career.
- If you’ve got some good skills with PowerPoint and Excel, then they would really help with this role
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll be able to help the business make decisions through research and insight – a really critical role
Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship.
Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer champion
- Collaborative partner
- Bold decision maker
- Solution focused
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- You’ll need to achieve a minimum of two A-Levels (or equivalent) with a minimum of C grades.
- You’ll also need GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English, maths.
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria.
- Level 4 Data analyst apprenticeship standard
As a Data Analyst, you’ll study for a Level 4 apprenticeship, called Data Analyst.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18-months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.