Joining a Higher Apprentice Programme at National Grid gives you the opportunity to be responsible for the successful planning and delivery of project work, with real responsibility from day one.
If you know what career direction you want to take, why not start a career whilst also studying at university or college, debt free, and getting experience under your belt.
Are you good with data? Looking for an apprenticeship that provides an opportunity to work with some of the leading technology in data management? Our IT team provide data analysis for the supporting systems that help our business manage gas and electricity flows across England and Wales.
Key tasks and areas of work:
- Undertake data modelling and data mining
- Use and support Business intelligence led applications such as Talend and Tableau, supporting deployment of pre- and production jobs through multiple networks using electronic file transfer software and developing Linux skills used to configure these from a command line
- Support the servers by configuring monitoring of services that run the applications’ usage of resources such as RAM and CPU
- Assist infrastructure teams with Windows Operating System patching whilst avoiding service disruption
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support analysis of issues that span across multiple systems
- Perform daily checks, house-keeping, documenting processes and change management
- Actively attend regular Hub meetings in different teams to encourage involvement and learning
- A Higher or Degree Apprenticeship Programme with National Grid is the perfect way to get your career off to a flying start. Once you’ve completed your training, you’ll have the opportunity to put what you’ve learnt into practice while building your skills and working towards certificates and qualifications. Whatever role you choose, the opportunities really are endless
- We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £24,533
- This opportunity will be based in Warwick or Solihull
- The closing date will be Sunday 15th March 2021, we advise all candidates to apply as early as possible to ensure you obtain the place you want in the application process
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- As a Higher Apprentice, we'll help you develop your skills through a combination of practical work and academic study, all the while providing you with the passion, skills and knowledge you need to power all our futures
You will need to have a GCSE in English Language and in maths at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) along with one of the following:
- 2 A levels / A2: Grades A* - C (1 must be in either maths, Physics, Chemistry or Computing); or BTEC National Certificate OR Diploma Level 3 in IT, Computing, IT Systems and Development, IT (Software Development), IT (Business), ICT Systems and Principles, Computing (Software Engineering Stream) at Grade Merit or Distinction; or HNC/HND in IT, Computing, IT Systems and Development, IT (Software Development), IT (Business), ICT Systems and Principles, Computing (Software Engineering Stream) at Grade Merit or Distinction; or Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Computing
- Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard