The individual will have logical and creative thinking skills, along with using own initiative. Educated at ‘A’ levels or similar experience, and preferably to degree/ similar level or professional qualification or accreditation.
The data analyst apprentice will collect, organise and study data to be providing effective contribution to business decisions and outcomes. The role will be operating within an ITIL environment to ensure that we effectively leverage multiple Data Sources in providing and presenting business intelligence. Determine and present solutions of how information systems can be used to improve operational efficiency, including effective support.
The role will be working closely with other IT teams.
Main role/responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
As a key role within the Service Management area, the key responsibilities are:
- Apply tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation (including the use of business information tools)
- Identify, collect and migrate data to and from a range of systems
- Manage, clean, abstract and aggregate data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data
- Manipulate and link different data sets
- Summarise and present data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users
- Develops and manages information to support operational decision making
- Manages and improves existing reporting systems
- Performs complex analyses
- Conducts and facilitates (and educates and trains on) analyses, issues identification, and decision-making processes
- Provides consulting and analytic services to management
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritisation and scheduling of workload
- Analyses problems and determines root causes
- Defines company data assets (data models) to populate data models
- Providing administrative support to the Service Management function
- Assisting with the continual service improvement of all service management processes
- Developing a working knowledge on the Service Management tool (Support Works)
- Production of Management information and ad hoc reporting
- Contribute to quality control and service improvement processes
- Create data models to illustrate how data is represented within a business system
- Revise the data model in accordance with different proposed solutions
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Delivery experience
- Emotional intelligence
- Passion, ambition, aspiration
- 2x A Levels (including maths or ICT)
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4, equivalent or above
As well as on the job learning, the apprentices will also study towards their Level 4 (Higher) Data Analytics Apprenticeship. Covering modules such as Data Analyst Tools and Data Analyst Concepts. Functional Skills in maths and English if required.