An Apprenticeship provides work-based, on the job training and development. The training is fully funded so it doesn’t cost you anything – and you’ll earn whilst you learn. They provide you with the skills, knowledge and behaviors you need to be fully effective in a designated role. So with very few exceptions, you don’t need to have related work experience/ qualifications to apply.
What’s important throughout the Apprenticeship is that you put into practice what you learn, and capture evidence of this so your progress and increasing capability can be assessed.
We want you to get the most out of your Apprenticeship. So to help you manage your learning we’ll give you over the duration of the Apprenticeship, a minimum of 20% of your paid working hours to focus on skills development. This means you won’t be asked to study in your own time.
However, both the role and the Apprenticeship are very demanding and you’ll need to work hard. You will be assessed throughout and at the end of your Apprenticeship by submitting coursework, undertaking exams and presenting your work to others.
- Applying a range of tools and techniques to analyse data sets
- Documenting and reporting the results of your analysis
- Making recommendations to stakeholders to improve business performance
- Assisting with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
- Identifying, collecting and migrating data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Interpretation and application of data, information security standard, policies and procedures to data management activities
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
- Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is counter-terrorist check
- People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks
- Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours.
Applications will be sifted in line with the essential criteria for the role. Success Profiles will be assessed at interview stage. Candidates who are successful at sift will be contacted as soon as possible following the closing date and advised of the interview process in more detail. Interviews will be held either at one of our offices or via video with interview times and dates to be confirmed.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Working for the Civil Service:
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
We also have the tools and tech to enable our people to work flexibly. Our entire team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, despite this you will still be provided with full support from line management and co-workers alike to enable you to become confident in your new role and feel part of the CCS family.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- 2 A levels (or equivalent) gained or predicted) preferably one in an IT related subject
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analytics Software
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.