Data Analyst Apprentice
Basingstoke College of Technology
BASINGSTOKE COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
This exciting role will involve:
- Creating accurate and timely reports, tables and other data summaries as well as maintaining existing reports.
- Produce and run data quality reports, working with colleagues to cleanse and fix data errors.
- Learn to use SQL and Visual Studio to manipulate data from a variety of sources to help support systems and inform decisions.
- Supporting the Head of IS, you will learn to generate and check the funding return file for submission to government agencies.
- Support the web development function in the team with system testing, and work towards helping support existing websites.
You will be working towards gaining a good technical knowledge of relational databases, reporting software, and an understanding of FE funding data.
This is a great opportunity to start a career in a data analyst role with real potential to progress within the organisation.
Potential to progress within the IT sector
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships, the achievement rates of our apprentices are significantly above the sector average and we have set ambitious growth targets up to 2020.
BCoT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its learners, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure (payable by candidate) as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Access
- Be professional
- Have a great attention for detail
- An interest in data and reporting
- Reflect the ethos and values of the college
Hold a Level 3 IT qualification
GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent in maths and English
- Data Analyst level 4 standard
- Functional Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.