What will the apprentice be doing?
Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it’s vital they have a welcoming experience.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing, and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, especially a vehicle parts department. The apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme.
Development Coaches will deliver 1-2-1 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
As a result of your training, you will achieve:
- Level 3 Supply Chain Practitioner standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ford & Slater believe in providing an extensive, high-quality Apprenticeship that gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Skills RequiredAnalytical skills, Enthusiasm to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired