Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it’s vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise and we don’t like to disappoint!
Working as part of a team, the Parts Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with Harris Harris Truck & Van's Workshop Teams and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service. You will ensure that the Workshop Teams and customers’ needs and requirements for parts are met through the effective use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
Harris Truck & Van Ltd Ltd believe in providing an extensive, high-quality Apprenticeship that gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Team player, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Good communication, active listening and interpersonal skills
- Good I.T. skills
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry, and want to deliver great customer service.
No previous qualifications are required, but you would ideally have GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent).
This is a DAF Supply Chain Practioner Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Occupational Awards Limited (OAL).
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, especially a vehicle parts department. The Supply Chain Practitioner (including parts) Level 3 apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme.
Development Coaches will deliver 1-2-1 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit's dedicated Academy in Derby and DAF's Training Academy in Haddenham. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you including accommodation and food while away on training.
As a result of your training, you will achieve:
- Supply Chain Practioner Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)