Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice with The Financial Conduct Authority
THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
The Cyber & Information Resilience function has an important job to do. Not only do we protect our business from cyber risk; we also prevent cyber criminals from undermining confidence in UK’s financial sector.
We are now recruiting for a talented Apprentice primarily to support the six teams within the Cyber & Information Resilience department. Team responsibilities are:
- Strategy, Governance and Capability: develop and maintain our overall strategy, policies and standard; operate a simplified and integrated governance model; promote related culture and behavioural change across the FCA; and develop an internal profession that ensures the FCA has access to the necessary specialist skills and capabilities in these rapidly evolving fields.
- Counter Threat Unit: provide intelligence on our adversaries, and detect and investigate any attacks, intrusions or breaches.
- Transformation: work with the Technology Business Change teams to deliver a three-year programme of security, information management and data privacy improvements.
- Consulting: provide expert advice on security, privacy and information management for Business Technology Solutions projects and the wider FCA.
- Assurance: assure services to ensure our systems, suppliers and business processes are meeting our policies; the FCA’s risk tolerance; and adhering to our regulatory obligations.
- Information Disclosure: ensures our compliance with freedom of information requests, Appeals, Data Protection subject access requests, Witness Statements, Reuse of PSI requests.
Working in the Cyber & Information Resilience department, you will benefit from the opportunity to:
Work with a wide range of stakeholders, including at very senior (Chief Information Security Officer) level, both within the FCA and external partners;
- Gain an overview of cyber & information Resilience and key priorities for the FCA;
- Be part of a high-performing team, and develop and enhance your skillset;
- Gain experience of a challenging, interesting and extremely wide-ranging workload.
Your development is very important to us which is why we ensure you get all the mentoring and coaching you need to fulfil your potential. Once you join us, we’ll help further your understanding of the industry with regular support from your line manager and a Skills Coach who will help you balance your work and study time.
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Ability to engage constructively with stakeholders;
- Understanding of the FCA, its role and its objectives
- Proven written language skills
- Interest in cyber & information resilience and keen to have a career in this field
- Effective organisation and prioritisation skills
- Some experience of organising and/or supporting meetings
- Collaborative team player with a strong focus on supporting collective goals
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work proactively to meet agreed objectives and deadlines, responding calmly to changing needs and priorities
- Minimum of 2 A-Levels at grade C - including one in numerical subject e.g. maths, Economics, Finance.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including maths and English or equivalent qualifications
Cyber security technologist level 4 standard
As a Cyber Security Technician Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.