Our award-winning apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to gain qualifications, practical experience as well as personal and professional development.
- You’ll be joining us in Security, a team which deals with thousands of cyber-attacks across out networks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses
- You’ll be part of a team of experienced Cyber Security professionals, so you can learn directly from the best. We’ll start you off with some key concepts like security, identity and confidentiality and how they relate to each other
- We’ll make you sure you’ll gain experience in different attack techniques and sources of threat and how to defend against them. And also learn about security assurance, and how to apply cyber security concepts IT infrastructure
- We’ve got lots of different roles you could be doing, from working in our Security Operation Centre, too supporting our external customers in our Security Delivery team, or taking on a more specialised role with our teams in Solutions and Software. No matter what you end up doing every day, you’ll learn all you need to play an important part in protecting us, and our customers
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our roles, you may be required to undergo Security Clearance. Don’t worry, our Early Careers teams will talk you through this if needed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You’ll need to achieve (or have achieved) three A-Levels with a minimum of BBC grades, which must include a STEM subject at a minimum grade B
- You'll also need to have a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4-9 (C or above) including English and Maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepte
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
As a Cyber Security Apprentice, you’ll study for a Level 6 apprenticeship called Cyber Security Professional (Integrated Degree). This is an apprenticeship degree course, meaning if you complete the course successfully, you’ll receive a degree from one of our university partners.
- The degree course runs for three years and is a work-based learning degree
- You’ll spend a minimum of 20% of your time learning and studying