Years 1 and 2:
Through a mixture of work placements and specially selected college modules, you will develop the key skills and knowledge to work effectively in a high technology company, gaining the necessary academic qualifications.
Year 3 and 4:
You will be selected through a combination of academic/vocational progress to transfer onto one of our skill-specific paths, which include:
- Security Engineering
- Security Event Analytics
- Incident Response
- Threat Intelligence
Beyond the programme there may be the opportunity for you to further your academic and vocational achievements based on your talents and capability and needs of the business. You would be expected to commit to the successful completion of all your academic modules and assignments in support of the Apprenticeship standard (Ref: ST0865 & ST1021).
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
· Competitive starting salary
· Annual incremental pay increases
· 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
· Pension scheme (Contributory)
· Cycle to Work initiative
· Custom Working Model – supporting health and wellbeing and Inclusion and Diversity
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance - Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select Apprentice level 3 nonSTEM.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good at multi-tasking
- Interest in Cyber and/or Physical Security solutions and services
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Can assimilate important information quickly
- Can adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Can actively collaborate to identify needs, look for innovative solutions and get people working together
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 5 x GCSE grades 4-9 or grades A* - C, to include English, Maths AND IT or equivalents
- Mandatory: English Language, Maths and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic people who understand the importance of communication, who are able to work well as part of a team and also on their own initiative. You will have the drive and commitment to work through difficult problems to find the right engineering solutions.
Infrastructure Technician (ST0125)
Leonardo’s four-year Cyber Security Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities including a Level 3 Cyber Security Technician and Level 4 Cyber Security Technologists awards. The programme is tailored to provide a springboard into the world of Cyber Security, focused on the following areas:
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Risk Assessment
- Employing Cryptography
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Business Processes
Infrastructure Technician L3
Cyber Security Technologist L4
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, a patience for problem solving, as well as a need to comply with