To train as an administrator for business support duties at amica24 helping to ensure the smooth operation of the service. To provide administration support for the company’s assistive technology installation and maintenance service including processing referrals, appointment booking, stock control and record management. To provide administrative and customer service support for the Group’s Foley Grove Reception area including the routing of phone calls, handling of in-person customer enquiries and meeting room management.
- To support the delivery of the managed assistive technology service by proactively promoting the service to individuals and converting prospective enquiries into customers
- To provide reception cover duties as required and directed by the Sales and Business Support Team Manager
- To direct phone and in-person enquiries for The Community Housing Group as appropriate
- To gain knowledge of the amica24 service, be able to give the appropriate response to telephone, website, mail and email enquiries regarding the managed assistive technology service from existing and prospective service users
- To gain knowledge of the amica24 service be able to provide appropriate advice on amica24 products and Services via telephone, mail and email
- To ensure any referrals are followed up after initial contact, resulting in the Installation appointment being booked within the target timescales
- To provide effective appointment management (in accordance with geographical operating areas) for Technology Installers for demonstrations, installations, fault repair, planned maintenance and ad hoc project work appointments
- To coordinate initial assessments for service users prior to the installation of services
- To carry out cleaning, testing and decommissioning of equipment as directed by the Sales and Business Support Team Manager
- To ensure that effective administration of returned equipment is carried out in line with procedures and that all actions regarding returns are accurately recorded on Service Manager and associated systems
- To attend regular team meetings for the Sales and Business Support Team and Monitoring and Response Centre where required
- To deliver the allocation of faults from the fault logs, keeping records of completed faults and ensuring that these are being completed within the target timescale. This may include diagnosing and rectifying faults with client’s equipment over the telephone
- To be responsible for ensuring any client data, completion of customer satisfaction surveys as and when required and general administrative duties are completed as required
- General computer and office based work as required, for example, filing, typing, merging, photocopying, answering telephone calls and taking messages
- To administer stock control using the Service Manager system both internally and for external business customers and partners
- To liaise with service users wishing to discontinue the use of the service, explaining reasons and where the opportunities exist to provide alternative options, including for in-person enquiries at the Foley Grove Reception
- To perform any other duties commensurate with the job grade as reasonably required from time to time
- To maintain the accurate input and updating of databases and systems involved in service delivery
- To support the operation of the Group’s digital reception solution to facilitate the effective management of visitors to the site and front desk queries
- The post holder will be required to attend college, where necessary on an apprenticeship course in Business Administration Level 2 or 3 (where Level 2 Business administration or equivalent is already achieved)
- The post holder will be granted paid leave to attend College, when necessary to attend
- The Contract is for a fixed term of 18 months from the date of commencement
- Occasional requirement to work additional hours or overtime as directed by the Sales and Business Support Team Manager; recompense through overtime payment or TOIL
- The post holder will be required to maintain an adequate level of knowledge and skills in order to fulfil the required performance standards
- The post holder will be required to attend all mandatory training as part of their commitment to their continued professional development
- Flexibility to cover colleagues from time to time, to vary start and finish times on occasion as directed by the Sales and Business Support Team Manager
General Expectations of TCHG employees:
- To comply with the health and safety duty of all individuals to act responsibly, within TCHG health and safety policy and procedure, risk assessments and safe working guidance
- To promote equality of opportunity and recognition of diversity in all aspects of work
- To promote The Community Housing Group’s core values and ethos
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and partner organisations
- To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery
- To work within Policy and Procedure, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- To respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal data
This will be discussed on completiotion of your apprenticeship qualification.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will need good literacy and numeracy skills and be familiar with Microsoft packages and generally confident with new IT
- Some experience of office administration would be an advantage as would a full driving licence (although not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to empathise and deal sensitively with difficult situations
- The ability to prioritise, both in regard to your own workload and activities required to support the team
- An understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality
GCSE A-C English and maths or level 4 or above or equivalent grades or you will be expected to be able to achieve a level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) in maths and English as part of your Level 2 apprenticeship.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at McKenzie way, doing an appropriate course of study.Functional Skills maths, English and ICT ( if required).
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
Apprentices generally work towards an NVQ diploma in their chosen vocational area.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year,
If undertaking a level 3 qualification a 3-day first aid at work qualification.