What will the apprentice be doing?
- Always manage all direct communications relating to designated driver workload courteously and efficiently in line with Network Utilisation rules
- Proactively manages and resolves direct customer, courier, and control queries by effectively communicating with other departments
- A good understanding of what good customer service looks like
- Ensures all in-house systems are updated accurately and in a timely manner program CityTrak and X-Despatch 3
- Learn our internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and customer policies that are relevant to the role.
- Learn CitySprint’s systems, equipment, and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship Programme: Customer Service Practitioner
Duration: 13 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 2 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
1) Customer Service Foundations
2) Customer Service Delivery & Personal Effectiveness
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
- Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C / 4 - 9 or equivalents in English and Maths).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship has been completed with City Sprint then there may be an opportunity to stay with the business or apply for other vacancies.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*/9 - E/3) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*/9 - E/3) Desired