The role will involve assisting in all aspects of the firm’s business; facilitating the efficient and smooth running of the business and ensuring customer satisfaction. The role is varied, requiring the development of management and administrative skills as well as learning to liaise effectively with, and provide support to their work colleagues and customers. The Candidate’s own innovative contributions to the facilitation of the efficiency of the business will be welcomed and encouraged.
Duties to include:
- Overseeing the front reception desk which includes dealing with incoming visitors, offering them refreshments
- Answering incoming telephone enquiries and directing them to the appropriate member of staff
- Providing administration support for key clients which include updating information on internal systems and providing support for solicitors
- Opening or closing the shop
- Ordering stationary for the office
- Handling customer complaints and dealing with them efficiently if they arise
- Basic admin duties (photocopying legal files and documents and scanning documents to clients) taking into account GDPR
Future prospects will be very much dependant on the Candidate’s aptitude and effort.
We are a small office and it is important that prospective candidates are informed of this and are happy to work for a small firm where they will not have the company of colleagues their own age.
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Good grasp of English, both spoken and written – i.e., spelling and grammar
- Good computer/IT skills
- A conscientious approach to work
- Ability to adhere to the confidential nature of the work involved
- Organisational skills
- Good personal hygiene and professional appearance
- Willing to learn and take instructions
At least Grade B/6 in English Language or English Literature.
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Apprenticeship Standard
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.