Duties will include:
- Assist with day-to-day sales administration
- Generate and follow up quotes
- Handle sales enquiries
- Enter customer orders onto a database and schedule deliveries
- Deal with customer complaints
- Purchase ledger
- Update and maintain database records
- To produce various reports for management
- General filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provide reception cover
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in a clean and tidy state
- To fulfil the obligations of the Apprenticeship programme
- Support the on-going development of F P McCann’s position in its key sectors
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies including Health & Safety
- Observe and comply with all good working practices
To secure a permanent position within the setting.
- This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college
- The site is not easy to get to on public transport. A driving licence and access to a vehicle would be an advantage
- After the first year of the apprenticeship, your wage will change to the National Minimum Wage for your age group, unless it is lower than £5.00 per hour in which case it will remain at £5.00 per hour
- The company provides free tea, coffee, milk & sugar
- There is free on-site parking
- There is a subsidised canteen on site
- Your future colleagues are very supportive and friendly!
- Excellent computer skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office in particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong numerical skills
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
GCSE English and maths Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent).
If you do not already meet the qualifications criteria, Stephenson College will invite you to take initial assessments which will indicate which level you are currently working at.
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard.
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training