What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing a professional administration, clerical, data and reception service
- Meeting, greeting and registering new patients
- Booking appointments
- Maintaining medical records
- Registering referrals
- Delivering excellent customer service by communicating with internal and external colleagues and patients via email, telephone and face to face
- Inputting information on Trust systems (Epic/Astria)
- Completing general administration tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Come and join us and be supported to earn as you learn whilst undertaking a nationally recognised qualification
- You will study a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 qualification over 16 months
- You will receive 20% of your work time completing ‘Off the Job’ (OTJ) training (equivalent to one day per week). This time will be allocated to you to complete either in work or you may study from home (at manager’s discretion)
- Additional training will be given in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Towards the end of the apprenticeship contract, you will have gained the knowledge and experience to enable you to apply for your next step in employment. You will be supported by a dedicated Apprenticeship Team to do this. We have a high percentage of previous apprentices who have successfully gained further employment with us with opportunities to gain higher qualifications.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Enthusiasm, Positive work ethic, Keen to learn, Motivated, Flexible, Understand confidentiality, Punctual
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Essential