What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties the apprentice will learn
1. You will be responsible for delivering a professional and friendly “meet and greet” for all customers and you will be the first point of contact enquiry desk for all customers and visitors to a designated area.
2. Operate car park barriers, intercom and access control system in order to grant access to visitors
3. Answering the telephone, transferring calls to the appropriate person in a professional and timely manner.
4. Dealing with queries and taking details of the query to escalate where appropriate; this may include dealing with complaints where possible.
5. Responsible for signing in and out of customers
6. Processing proximity cards when appropriate.
7. Dealing with daily deliveries/collections
8. Maintain a clean tidy reception desk of the highest level including the surrounding reception area
9. Promptly report any system failures which have been reported to reception (such as IT, Door access, fire alarms, phone systems) to the relevant department or supplier and advise others as appropriate.
10. You will also carry out administrative duties such as emailing using Outlook, diary management, meeting room bookings, photocopying, printing, filing and data inputting.
11. Accept incoming internal and external post and sort in readiness for collection by tenants.
12. Process outgoing post in readiness for Royal Mail collection.
13. You will be expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect, supporting equality and valuing diversity.
14. Any other duties as may reasonably be requested.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will receive off the job training from our partner training provider UCB. This will support them to achieve the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship, you could move into a variety of roles e.g.:
• Customer Service Assistant
Reality CheckThis apprenticeship would suit: • Someone with an interest in learning how a busy office environment operates • A good communicator and with the ability to develop good working relationships with a range of customers • An enthusiastic person with a willingness to go the extra mile • Someone with an attention to detail
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4) Desired