An excellent opportunity has arisen for a well organised and committed individual to be a customer service practitioner apprentice within Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The apprentice will complete a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship with Adult Education in Gloucestershire whilst gaining valuable customer service, administration and purchasing experience in the Procurement Department providing services to local healthcare organisations.
The apprentice will be managed by a Band 5 – eProcurement and Purchasing Team Leader and be supported to carry out activities including:
- The ordering of Goods, Services and Works
- Processing enquiries received from Customers and Suppliers
- Obtaining prices and quotations
- Processing of orders compliant with the Trusts’ Standing Financial Instructions, Procurement Policy and current legislation
- Supporting low value tender exercises
Key Result areas:
- To attend all mandatory components of the Apprenticeship
- To undertake training as required and agreed with the mentor, supervisor and external assessor and complete the competencies relevant to the work area/department.
- Ability to get on well with people at all levels, communicate and work effectively as a team member
- Accept designated workload from supervisor
- Deliver a high standard of customer service dealing with visitors and telephone enquiries
- Communicate effectively with internal and external networks
- Work collaboratively with all Procurement Team members ensuring that all activities are carried out and completed to the required standard
- To be flexible, with the ability to alter activities and priorities as the need arises
- Learn skills and gain knowledge to prioritise work, taking into account workload and urgency
- Share appropriate work related information within remit
- Following training and gaining competence and confidence work independently, referring to supervisor when necessary.
- Process enquiries, requisitions and create official purchase orders for all Customers in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with the Trusts’ Standing Financial Instructions, Procurement Policy and current legislation
- Take responsibility for ordering Goods, Services and Works and provide advice on the ordering process and assist Customers with queries
- Implement standard operating procedures
- Identify system errors/faults and report these as appropriate.
- Support low value tender exercises, obtain prices and quotations and liaise with customers and suppliers with regard to costs, product information as required
- Accurately and efficiently file requisitions, contracts and maintain central filing systems
- Have responsibility for personal development and complete the Intermediate (L2) Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship within the time frame
- Undertake any customer service or administrative and other appropriate duties, commensurate with the role as required at the request of your supervisor
Upon successful completion the apprentice will be able to apply for vacancies at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust reserves the right to terminate employment if the training requirements as detailed above are not achieved.
Most challenging part of the role:
- Process orders promptly and accurately to ensure the timing of medical/surgical procedures is not compromised by delays in the supply chain or ordering process
- Take ownership of problems and deal effectively with difficult and challenging Customers to deliver a professional and Customer focussed procurement service
- Demonstrate a pro-active and flexible approach to challenges, supporting and demonstrating the one-team ethos across the department
Physical effort and working conditions:
- The role requires extensive VDU and computer use
- There may the occasionally requirement for manual handling
- Working conditions are generally good but may involve visiting parts of health community facilities including wards and clinical departments
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prioritise daily tasks to achieve set timescales
- A professional telephone manner
- Communicate effectively with a range of people
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Conscientious with a high degree of care and accuracy of working
- An enthusiasm to work in an office environment and contribute to Procurement Department activity
- Ensure a smart, professional image
- High levels of concentration for long periods of time
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Committed towards, and understanding of, the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Strong focus on providing a high-quality and personable customer experience
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 BTEC in Customer Service
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge – understanding your organisation, knowing your customers, regulations and legislation, systems and resources, product and service knowledge and customer experience
- Skills – interpersonal skills, communication, influencing skills, organisation skills and dealing with difficult customers
- Behaviours – personal development, accepting feedback, team working, professionalism and equality
- ICT Skill Sessions