University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust has an exciting opportunity to join the Medical HR team as a Customer Service Apprentice (Human Resources). The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Medical HR function. In addition, the post holder will provide a point of contact for management and staff within the Trust, answering face-to-face, telephone and email queries ensuring they are directed to the appropriate staff member.
During your apprenticeship, you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job training, gaining real experience whilst having real responsibilities along the way! These opportunities will help you to develop your skills and talents, acting as a great first step on your career ladder. We have an experienced team ready to welcome and support you, ensuring you are on the road to success.
The apprenticeship will last a period of 15 months and the successful candidate will work towards achieving a Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service. This will be a challenging yet rewarding apprenticeship that will provide you with a platform to launch your career in Human Resources, Business or Management. Many of the Trust’s apprentices go on to take up full-time, permanent roles following the completion of their apprenticeship.
- To use a variety of communication techniques (i.e. telephone, email and face to face) to all levels of hospital staff including external agencies and contacts
- To be a first point of contact for management and staff within the Trust, responding to queries where necessary and ensuring they are directed to the appropriate staff member
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Medical HR function
To be trained to:
- Provide a first point of contact, by telephone and face to face, for staff enquiring about HR department matters, referring them to other members of the team where appropriate
- Support the processes involved in the recruitment of the Trust’s medical workforce, including related procedures on NHS Jobs
- Accurate and timely input of data to relevant HR Systems and other HR databases as appropriate
- Maintain accurate filing systems for all records generated within HR department
- Organise and attend meetings as requested by members of the HR team, ensuring participants are invited, apologies collated, venues arranged and agenda and relevant papers circulated in a timely manner
- Prepare stationery orders for authorisation, receive the orders and distribute to team members as required
- Collect, open, date stamp and distribute post for the HR department. Sort, record and deliver outgoing post to collection points
- Undertake confidential scanning, shredding and photocopying as required by the HR department
- To provide a range of administrative support functions to the department managers, including word processing
- Supporting with design and creation of materials for social media
- Other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the position as directed by the HR managers or Medical HR Business Partner
Work to the Trust values: Put patients first, Take ownership, Respect others, Be positive, Listen, learn and improve.
Potential to progress on to further qualifications and job roles.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (including Word, Excel and Outlook), great customer service skills and a genuine desire to work in HR.
Applicants must be educated to good GCSE level or have equivalent qualifications in maths and English and good IT skills.
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT if required