Customer Service Apprenticeship (Retail)
Superdrug Stores Plc
A Retail Apprenticeship will involve working in our store as a full time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business.
You will work 30 hours a week on a 13 month contract, earning from £5.60 per hour dependent on location. That’s £168 a week!
Your duties will include:
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
Your training will take place in store over the first 12 months so, no college days and no homework! At the end of your training period you will complete a discussion around your experiences, a multiple -choice test and an observation within your role.
You will be supported throughout by your team and your assessor to achieve your Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 qualification.
This is an opportunity to learn much more than just how to deliver excellent customer service.
The apprenticeship covers how the store operates and how the business works commercially and covers brand reputation, legal and marketing.
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!
We are looking for our managers of the future. We will support and guide you through your Apprentice journey; develop your confidence, customer service, commerciality and team skills and look ahead to see where you can progress.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to complete a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Diploma
- Confident communicator
- Excellent people skills
- Adaptable with a positive attitude to learning and working
You should apply for this role if you:
- Are confident working with people
- Are hardworking and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
- Quick thinking
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Want to make a difference to our customers' experience
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
- You have a minimum of Grade C/4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English
- You have a minimum of Grade C/4 GCSE (or equivalent) in maths
- You are not currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- You haven't completed a Customer Service apprenticeship before
- You are eligible to work in the UK
Your HABC Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Diploma will be delivered on site within your store where you will be supported throughout.
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12 month period, all done on site, so no college days!
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a multiple choice written test.
Our Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised qualification and demonstrates that you have the skills and knowledge needed to do the job effectively.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.