Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it's vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise and we don't like to disappoint!
Working as part of a team, the Parts Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with Scania's Workshop Teams and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service. You will ensure that the Workshop Teams and customers' needs and requirements for parts are met through the effective use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
West Pennine Trucks believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent telephone manner
- Team player, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Good communication, active listening and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to deliver great customer service.
GCSE or equivalents in English & maths at grades 3+ (D or above) are a requirement for this role.
The main purpose of the customer service specialist is to be a 'professional' for direct customer support within all sectors and organisations types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more technical or complex customer requests, complaints and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems.
As an expert in your organisation's products and / or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environment, including contact centres, retail, or any customer service point. The qualification is aimed at individuals more advanced in their inter-personal skills and with experience of working with customers.
- The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification
- Function Skills at Level 2 unless exemptions apply
Completion will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual membership at Professional Level.