Are you looking to start your career or grow your career in a different industry? Keen to work for one of Britain's Top Employers? If you're passionate about customer service, teamwork and sales and want the opportunity to earn whilst you train for a nationally recognised qualification, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for individuals with the potential to be future leaders within our business. You’ll be someone who is keen to immerse themselves and work across all areas of our businesses with the ambition and desire to build a long lasting, successful career with us.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits which include 22 days holiday, a half yearly colleague bonus and colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group businesses. We also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance - most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
How will we support you?
Right from the start of your career with us, you’ll be supported in your development. You’ll join our Certificate in Merchanting Programme, a 12 month Apprenticeship that will give you tools to be successful in your role. Over the length of your apprenticeship programme, you’ll explore:
- Our safety culture within branch
- The products we sell and the services we provide
- What makes us different and keeps us as the number one choice for our valued customer base
Our Apprenticeships are focused on your development and factor study time into your working week, so you can achieve your qualification without affecting your work-life balance. We provide you with a fantastic support network through; 1:1 coaching, mentoring and technical and skills training to enable you to progress your career with us. Along the way, our experienced team will provide you with plenty of support to ensure you get the best out of your Apprenticeship. And it doesn’t have to end here, as we have a suite of Apprenticeship programmes that can support you to continue to develop your career with us, all the way up to the Boardroom.
What will you be doing?
There is no such thing as a typical day in Branch life at Travis Perkins. What you can expect is to gain exposure across a number of areas within your branch, allowing you to see where your strengths and interests lie and the direction you would like to develop your career in.
Your role responsibilities will require you to:
- Talk to customers on our trade counter, building strong relationships that keep them coming back to Travis Perkins
- Support our customers with their purchases by providing information on our products, preparing quotes, fulfilling their orders in the yard or taking sales over the phone
- Work with a friendly, down to earth team to provide the 5* service our customers have come to expect from us
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say ‘Yes’ to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Apprentices. Are you someone who:
- Knows what great customer service looks like, and how to provide it
- Is able to build relationships with people at all levels and enjoys working within a sales environment
- Loves to learn, develop and expand their knowledge
- Is comfortable working with technology and keen to be a part of Travis Perkins’ digital transformation
A bit more about us:
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised. Despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that's why we have been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers every year since 2010.
Are you ready to join our team and grow an exciting career? Apply now.
- A large number of our current Senior Managers within the business developed themselves through our apprenticeship programmes
- If you have the right attitude, and the desire to succeed then the opportunities for you within our business truly are endless
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication
- Customer service
- Keen to develop
Trade Supplier Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Right from the start of your career with us, you’ll be supported in your development. You’ll join our Certificate in Merchanting Programme, a 12 month Apprenticeship that will give you tools to be successful in your role. Over your apprenticeship, you’ll explore our safety culture, the products we sell, the services we provide and understand more about our customers
- Through 1:1 coaching and mentoring, you’ve got a fantastic support network that will support you, not only through the apprenticeship programme, but your day to day development
- Over the year, you will build the foundations for your future career by attending online knowledge and skills workshops that are led by our highly skilled training team, as well as our business experts. On top of all of this, you will also be gaining a nationally recognised qualification. With apprenticeships covering 90% of our roles, there’s also multiple development opportunities to fast track your career within our Group