- To provide a clerical service to the patients attending the department and for members of staff working within the Admissions/Discharge ward
- To use a variety of communication techniques (i.e. telephone, email and face to face) to all levels of hospital staff including external agencies and contacts
- Carry out administration tasks as appropriate
To be trained to:
- Request, trace, collect and prepare patients medical records accurately and distribute
- Admit, Transfer and Discharge patients using IPM and SALUS programmes
- Arrange transport for patients as required
- Add to follow up waiting lists following surgery
- Booking follow up appointments
- Cover Reception on the Admissions ward during Annual Leave and Sickness
- Print Theatre Lists
- Check Coding
Potential to progress on to further qualifications and job roles.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
The successful candidate will need to have the ability to use computerised systems such as Microsoft office have excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise work.
The post is interesting and requires an ability to work as part of a team. Applicants should demonstrate a mature and responsible attitude and be proactive and use their initiative.
No previous qualifications required
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT if required