What will the apprentice be doing?
- Cleaning of ward areas, including sanitary areas i.e bathroom and W/C's
- Delivering food service to in-patients
- Liaise with Nursing staff re: patient dietary requirements
- Clear away used crockery and utensils, load & operate dishwasher/hand wash where necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practioner Level 2
- Maths & English Functional Skills level 1 (and work towards level 2)
- Statutory and Manadatory training: i.e. Health & Safety, Fire, Moving & Handling, Food Hygiene
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, this role will become a full time permanent position, with potential to develop further within the NHS
Reality CheckThis role will involve using cleaning equipment and could involve moving items such as beds, cupboards and pushing meal trolley's across the site (from catering to ward areas)
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Desired