What will the apprentice be doing?
- Obtain key information to generate customer leads
- Contacting customers over the phone and face to face
- Monitor new accounts
- Deal with enquiries from customers
- Communicating the products and services offered
- Increase customer account base
- Maintain accurate records of the customers contacted
- Invoicing/stock reconciliation/data entry
- Account management
- Undertake banking/compliance related tasks
- Achieve individual and Depot targets
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, this includes:
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Dealing with customers face to face
- Working on a helpdesk
- Problem solving
- Identifying improvements
- Dealing with complaints
- Going the extra mile and making a difference
- Dealing with diverse customers and in diverse situations
- Communicating effectively
- Training will be provided by Didac in your Depot.
Training will be depot based, with a monthly visit from your Didac trainer face to face.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At Howdens there are great opportunities to progress into one of many key Depot roles, including sales and management.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/4 or higher) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Desired