Working in the Imaging Secretarial Admin Team you will gain work experience in clerical and administrative procedures to support the clerical team across Imaging. Duties will include assisting the team with day to day work such as sorting mail, diary management, attending meetings as well as performing basic administrative tasks including photocopying, printing, scanning and preparation and circulation documents. You will use the hospital IT systems in line with Trust policies and procedures on data protection, maintaining confidentiality at all times. You will also receive training to enable you to answer the telephone and respond to queries from this and via e-mail.
You will be providing administration support within the Imaging Department with duties which include communicating with internal and external colleagues (such as GP surgeries) via telephone and e-mail, booking patient appointments by phone, diary management for the Operation’s Managers, taking minutes of meetings and general administration duties.
Come and join us and be supported to earn as you learn whilst undertaking a nationally recognised qualification. You will study an Intermediate Customer Service/Business Admin Apprenticeship. It is ideal if this type of role is new to you, where you can learn and build new skills. You will need to have minimum GCSE Grade 3/D or Functional Skills Level 1 or above in Maths and English. You will be enthusiastic, have a positive work ethic, be keen to learn and able to work in a team. You will receive support to gain a wide range of experience and skills, supervision and mentoring.
The contract length is for 15 months and the apprenticeship salary on commencement is £10,924; after 12 months in post this will increase to the National Minimum Wage (depending upon your age). You will be supported to apply for permanent employment towards the end of your contract. We have a high percentage of previous apprentices who have successfully gained further employment with us with opportunities to gain higher qualifications.
There is no upper age limit on joining us as an apprentice.
We also have apprenticeships in nursing which are subject to different terms. For more information on the Nursing Apprenticeship scheme please check our website https://www.careers.cuh.nhs.uk
Nb: Due to UK apprenticeship funding regulations applicants must have a right to work in the UK, have been an EU resident for the last three years or have indefinite leave to remain with documents that are not due to expire during the duration of the apprenticeship contract. Applicants must also not already have a qualification at a higher level within the same subject matter.
Towards the end of the apprenticeship contract, apprentices are supported by the Work Opportunities Team with application and interview skills to enable them to gain further employment with the Trust. We have a high percentage of our previous apprentices who have successfully gained further employment with us with opportunities to gain higher qualifications.
This role will involve working in the Imaging Secretarial Admin Office and communicating with internal and external colleagues including patients who may at times be anxious, confused or upset. The ideal candidate will be polite and friendly and go out of their way to make people feel comfortable, treating everyone around them with dignity and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to show motivation and punctuality
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise day to day workloads
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
- Experience of prioritising own work
- Experience of organisation of work (This can be attained at school, college, through work)
- Ability and desire to develop from the training and coaching provided
- Ability and interest in working in a patient and customer care focused environment
- An understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner
- English & maths GCSE at Grade 3/D or above
- Or an equivalent level of Literacy and Numeracy skills (If you do not have any qualifications for literacy or numeracy a test can be taken, so this should not put you off applying)
- Must have been UK/EU resident for at
least 3 years
On the job training will be provided based in the Imaging – Secretarial Admin Team Office along with training for the qualification with Cambridge Regional College. College work may be completed on-site in the department or from home (as agreed with a manager). Assessors will be in regular contact with the candidate to oversee the qualification and offer support