What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide an administrative service for the clinical teams, sending out appointment letters, registering patients, answering telephone queries regarding appointments and other clerical duties to support the Service
- Provide a reception function at our Primary Care Assessment unit
- Enter data and update the patient administration systems to work effectively within a paperless environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practioner Level 2 appenticeship (through a weekly training and development programme)
- All statutory and mandatory training, such as Fire, Health & Safety, GDPR etc
- Functional Skills maths and English level 2 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of this programme you will move to a substantive post on the NHS Agenda for Change band 2 pay scale
Reality CheckYou must be able to work under pressure as part of a team. You will require good interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload. There will be a requirement to learn the patient administration systems to work effectively within a paperless environment.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Desired