What will the apprentice be doing?
- Liaising with customers either in person/phone/email.
- General Office Admin.
- Creating purchase enquiries/sales quotations.
- Despatching goods for delivery.
- Matching invoices to orders.
- Maintaining and checking stock records.
- Some dismantling and assembling of small to medium engineering items.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 2 Customer Service Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time position is planned at the end of a successful Training Period.
Reality CheckThe working environment is on office but the tasks will involve handling customers used parts which may be dirty, Suitable PPE will be supplied if needed.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Physical fitness, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3-9) Essential