What will the apprentice be doing?
- Customer service is paramount to the role
- We do onsite training covering the sale of over-the-counter medicines which leads to the qualification of a qualified medicines counter assistant
- Stock control/management & the ordering processes
- Professional customer interaction and handling situations sensitively
- Learning the processes involved in retail sales
- Learning about the importance of confidentiality and data protection when dealing with both customers and healthcare professionals
- EPOS (Till)
- Retail sales
- Cleaning/ hygiene
- Following Covid rules
- In-house medicine training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer service practitioner level 2 apprenticeship standard
This is a work-based qualification with college attendance one day per month.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be an opportunity for a full time position.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential