What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deal with customers in a polite, friendly and customer focussed way
- Follow instructions carefully to deliver the best service possible and to learn for the future
- Provide accurate information across a range of service areas
- To clarify and / or anticipate customer needs and requirements and identify appropriate resolutions
- To take ‘ownership’ of customer queries and ensure a satisfactory resolution is achieved for the customer and the Council
- To comply with Data Protection requirements and maintain the security of documents and information in accordance with legislation and agreed guidelines
- Communication and storage of correspondence with customers.
- To develop and maintain your knowledge of the service areas responsible for, to ensure customers receive accurate information and a ‘one stop’ service for query resolution
- To ensure customers receive an excellent and consistent level of customer service
- Any other adhoc duties required by the Manager or Company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- As part of the apprenticeship scheme, we’ll provide you with L3 Business Administration (all delivered by our Apprenticeship team at Serco)
- You’ll also have access to a treasure trove of development opportunities and enjoy the full training, support and encouragement of our super-friendly team
- You will develop the skills you need for the job by working alongside your colleagues and getting experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 9-4 (A-C)) Essential