What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing support to the Customer Services team in a business that is growing & getting more complex, with particular focus on establishing support for the E-Commerce, Discount and Grocery Channels.
- Visiting and liaising with central warehouse & 3rd party forwarder in the UK and coordinating with the UK warehouses to ensure products are available for the UK market.
- Warehouse safety and storage of hazardous goods overview.
- Focus on bundles for e-Commerce needs.
- Managing claims and organizing stock returns.
- The role holder will follow agreed processes to ensure both internal and external customers receive our agreed levels of service and penalties are avoided.
The department manages approximately 7,000 orders per annum and this equates to 30 deliveries per day and at least 170 product listings (excl. Marketing /promotional items). The role holder will be trained to coordinate activities between the customer service department, main warehouse, EIMEA supply chain and 3rd party re-packers in UK.
Customer Service Support
- Gain a working knowledge of customer services principles, practices, ERP systems and database management.
- Learn how to process orders for E-Commerce and Trade Channel.
- Progress to provide absence and general cover for Customer Service Assistants and Sales Support Coordinator.
- Learn how to organise return of goods and process credit notes and Re-invoice carriers where appropriate.
Logistics and Warehouse Management
- Learn the skills to work with the central warehouse and 3rd party forwarders in UK and coordinate with the UK warehouses to ensure products are available for UK Customers.
- Learn how we manage and maintain the OTIF rate (On Time In Full).
- Learn how we conduct and monitor monthly inventory and annual audit processes.
- Learn how to update the product specification documentation for the warehouse.
- Learn about Warehouse procedures and the storage of hazardous goods.
- Provide input on process improvement to the Customer Service and Logistics Supervisor and if agreed implement said process improvements.
Consumer Helpline Support
- Review complaints from consumers and learn how we log and action to resolve.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Learn how we monitor - on a daily basis - customer deliveries to ensure OTIF standards are met.
- Learn Chep Pallet management.
- Learn how to track claims & credit notes and provide progress reports to Customer Service & Logistics Supervisor for compliance and SOX control purposes.
Perform other related activities as needed to support UK team objectives. Act in the best interest of the company by applying stated corporate values.
What we are looking for:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written skills to handle enquiries where tasks & requirements may vary - in a growing and diversified customer environment and ability to communicate across GBHQ and with customers, consumers, suppliers and peers.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.
Salary range is:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training with Milton Keynes College
- Ongoing training, support and development with the employer
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?A permanent position may be on offer upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential