PLEASE NOTE SALARY IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS - MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID.
This position will be varied, and many skills will be developed and utilised in order to support and progress the successful candidates.
You will be required to develop in warehouse work including:
- Booking goods in and out
- Despatch of goods via couriers
- Communicating and taking orders from customers
- Dealing with a number of different enquiries
Working as part of the team and supported by the manager you will be trained in all areas, along with the support of your HIT Training Consultant.
The successful candidate will also have a customer facing role, which will include customer service and working within the shop.
You will be able to work in this front of house role as part of your apprenticeship development as this is also paramount to the apprenticeship.
As part of the retailer apprenticeship standard, you will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours in products, promotions, services, stock and stocking as well as many more areas associated to retail.
Possibility of management responsibilities and a permanent position on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Good communication skills
- Good level of ICT understanding
- Must be confident in the use of maths
- Hard working with a willingness to learn new skills
- Good time keeping and must be reliable
- Level 2 Retailer apprenticeship standard
- Maths and English training delivered at the appropriate levels, if needed