Sanctuary Students and Sanctuary Addenbrooke's manage accommodation for over 11,500 students and key workers across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities and NHS trusts to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose-built accommodation direct to students, doctors, nurses, patients, key workers and on-call facilities across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our award-winning Apprenticeship programme. In partnership with a market leading training provider - Lifetime Training - the programme offers you a chance to study for a Level nationally recognised qualification, while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
As a Customer Service Apprentice, you will join our team who manage the onsite accommodation for our customers at Addenbrooke's Hospital. Here we provide accommodation for people working at the hospital and students who have on-site placements. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, supportive team where you will provide key customer service and administration support including dealing with customer queries by email, face to face and telephone and undertaking general administration duties.
- General administration duties - planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence
- Reception work - answering calls and taking payments
- Tenancy management including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging viewings/inspections/pre-arrival checks and creating and terminating tenancies
- Assisting with on call/patient/relative accommodation bookings and liaising with CUHT (Cambridge University Hospital Trust)
- End of day banking
- Ongoing training and learning
Ready to join us? As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Please note that initial contact to shortlisted applicants will be via Lifetime Training who will be in contact for an initial discussion about the role and to run through their standard Apprentice eligibility checks.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ideally you will have some experience within customer service (face to face, telephone and/or written communication)
- Approachable, with great interpersonal and relationship building skills
- You will have a keen interest to learn how an organisation operates, great communication skills and plenty of initiative
- As a self-motivated individual, we will expect you to work well by yourself as well as in a team environment
- You will be a flexible and adaptable team player used to working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (grades 4 - 9) or equivalent in maths and English
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
- Functional Skills in maths, English & IT