Customer Service Apprentice
Elmbridge Borough Council
SOUTH THAMES COLLEGES GROUP
As the Customer Service Apprentice, you will consistently provide excellent customer service and wherever possible, resolution at first point of contact to residents, customers or partners contacting the Council, online, by telephone, e-mail, SMS, and in-person. You will undertake administrative tasks to ensure customers receive resolution within expected time frames.
Your duties will include;
- Providing excellent service when dealing with customer contact in accordance with the Council’s Customer Service Standards
- Taking ownership and responsibility for accurately resolving enquiries at the first point of contact wherever possible
- Actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access and information about council services
- To contribute in identifying and implementing customer service improvements, including the undertaking of customer satisfaction and bench-marking activities and participating in other relevant customer service initiatives and council projects as and when necessary
- Make proactive outbound phone contact to collect outstanding money owed to the council
- Contacting service providers /partners/internal customers in a positive and constructive manner when arranging for appropriate actions
- To maintain accurate records and information for the provision of information & services to customers, using the most appropriate system
- Operating visitor management system for issue of passes and parking permits.
- Providing assistance to visitors with particular needs, including use of self-service facilities
- Working as part of an effective team with a flexible approach to cover the variety of duties and demands
- Providing feedback to assist in the development and continuous improvement of services and systems
This role will provide excellent experience for anyone pursuing a career within Customer Service or Admin support.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- IT literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, Web)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Problem solving ability
- Team player
Maths and English GCSEs A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
You will attend off the job training at South Thames College where you will cover;
- Customer Service Practitioner - Standard
- Functional Skills (if needed)
- 20% Off the job training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.