What will the apprentice be doing?
Kuehne + Nagel have an extensive network of Customer Care Locations across the UK providing excellent customer service to our customers. These locations are supported by powerful operational centres who ensure that our shipments move on time across Air and Sea.
This role will be part of our Sea Logistics Perishables team within the Customer Care Location (CCL) and will learn how to develop skills that allow them to have direct interaction with our customers, proactive customer service, problem solving, customer follow up, interaction with our sales colleagues and handling import customs requirements for perishable cargo including Defra Peach applications, IPAFF’S applications and HMRC declarations.
Our apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Level 3 International Freight Forwarding apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
You will be training and carrying out duties to:
- Ensure all requests carried out to the pre-set service levels and standard procedures, in a timely manner, in line with the KPI requirements.
- Develop customer service skills to provide the best possible customer satisfaction.
- Study to attain a high level of forwarding and perishable knowledge
Monitor customer shipments in order to provide proactive updates to customers and to problem solve (by collaborating with other stakeholders) in anticipation of a customer complaint.
- Communicate with the different Government departments involved with the importation of perishable cargo.
- Arrange deliveries as per customer requirements, including communicating with customers and hauliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop skills that enable them to field complaint calls and reach out to stakeholders to resolve.
- Knowledge exchange with the sales and account management teams.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding
Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We believe that every individual can add to Kuehne+Nagel and that together we can shape our future by how we move the world today. Join us in our journey to connect people and goods through innovative and sustainable logistics solutions. We offer you real career prospects and an engaging working atmosphere.
Reality CheckAt Kuehne+Nagel, you are always part of a team - because great things can only be achieved together. You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card, support to achieve professionally recognised qualifications and a network of mentors, line managers and friends to help you along your journey.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Willingness to learn, Strong interpersonal skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Five GCSEs at grades 9-3/A*-D) Desired