Customer Advisor Apprenticeship
West Way Nissan
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
As the UK’s largest Nissan dealer group, West Way Nissan have dealerships nationwide covering the latest Nissan range, servicing and a wide selection of quality and used cars. Remit Group are recruiting on behalf of West Way Nissan for a Customer Advisor Apprentice. You’ll benefit from extensive training whilst gaining hands on work experience. You’ll also be supported in studying for a nationally recognised qualification!
As a Customer Advisor Apprentice, you will need to be organised, professional, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and well presented. The working environment can be quite competitive and demanding as the focus is always on maximising every opportunity.
You will start the apprenticeship as a Customer Advisor, with the potential to work your way into one of the three following roles:
Vehicle Sales Executive
Purpose of the role:
- You will be charged with the task of working with customers to understand their needs, guide them towards the most appropriate product and, finally, agree the sale
Purpose of the role:
- To receive all parts orders and ensure that they are accurately and promptly picked and dispatched
Purpose of the role:
- To sell customers service, repairs and parts to contribute to the revenue and profit objectives of the dealership
Duties may vary but you will typically include:
- To be friendly and approachable with an aim to help make customers feel comfortable and relaxed throughout their Retail experience.
- Assess the customer’s needs and requirements, providing customers with specific information about all Nissan products and creating desire and rapport.
- To excite customers about the brand whilst promoting the benefits and unique selling points of Nissan Cars, accessories and vehicle ownership.
- To provide a ‘hub’ for product knowledge, ensuring that product knowledge remains current and up to date; and provide a conduit for product knowledge for the retailer
- Organising and managing your diary and appointments
- Assisting with advertising, promotions and website updates
- Inspecting vehicle pre and post-sale
- To be the first line of communication – meeting and greeting customers and visitors to the dealership in a professional and friendly manner.
- To receive all incoming telephone calls for the dealership in accordance with company policy.
- To deal with customer requirements in an efficient and courteous manner, ensuring customer requirements are fully understood and communicated in an effective manner to other members of staff to achieve a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure highest standards of personal appearance, housekeeping and availability of facilities in reception/showroom area.
- To promote excellent customer and public relations to help grow the perception and image of the dealership
- Maintaining contact with new and existing customers through telephone and email
- Gathering customer data to enable you to keep them updated of promotions
The apprentices starting salary will be a base of £12,000 p/a, with an opportunity to earn a further £4,000 p/a.
FULL DRIVING LICENSE REQUIRED.
Apprentices have the potential to work their way into a full time, permanent role upon completion for the apprenticeship, specialising in Vehicle Sales, Parts or Service Advisor roles!
As a Customer Advisor Apprentice you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the West Way Nissan Group
- Confidence and an outgoing personality
- A smart and professional appearance and manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of numeracy
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to build and maintain good customer relationships
- Competent IT skills – both computers and other hardware such as tablets, smart phones etc.
- An interest in vehicles and their new technologies
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge to customers
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own caseload of work
- Excellent work ethic
- A full driving licence is essential
Candidates must have a keen interest in the motor industry and be reliable, with excellent timekeeping and attendance.
Other qualities the West Way Nissan group are looking for in their candidates are:
- Show initiative
- Positive attitude
- Qualification requirements for the West Way Nissan group include:
- Maths & English GCSE grade A-C 9-4 - required
- A level standard or equivalent education - preferred
Training ProvidedIt will take 13 months to gain the Full Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service. To do this you won’t need to go to a further education (FE) college or training centre. Your time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment. You will shadow qualified advisors so that you are able to learn first-hand how to go about your job. You will also get the opportunity to assist in the day to day tasks. Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own. To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Good or bad customer service can make or break a business. In this day and age organisations recognise the importance of good customer service; and focus on developing this within their workforce.
As a customer service apprentice, you will receive mentoring in the workplace and training from Remit Group to help develop your skills and achieve your Level 2
On successful completion, you will receive:
Level 1 / Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Level 2 in Customer Service
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.