Currie & Warner are a growing high volume brass turned part supplier who produce precision components to specific drawing tolerances. Due to sound engineering and innovative flair, we can solve manufacturing requirements of the most technically demanding parts.
This apprenticeship aims to train an engineering apprentice technician, to undertake a structured training program of academic study and workshop work in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the requirements of a leading established manufacturer of turned parts.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the departments with which you are being trained in
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable level 4 (HNC) qualification in mechanical/production engineering
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace
- To develop the skills to construct or modify machinery/tooling from verbal instructions and drawings, to a high degree of precision
- To learn how to maintain workshop plant and equipment and to keep it in good repair
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace areas
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the workplace site
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the role of the apprentice technician
When you qualify, you will become an engineering technician.
Currie and Warner have two sites in the West Midlands so you may be required to travel to both sites.
A good level of education and excellent organisational skills.
The following personal qualities are very important to the company:
- A desire to be an Engineer
- Excellent time and attendance are mandatory
- A good listener
- Eager to learn
- Curious and inquisitive
- A good communicator
3 GCSEs at 9-4 / A*-C (6 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)