What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake research, draft briefings and prepare presentations for the team
- Provide project management support for specific projects within the Culture Mile portfolio
- Learn & undertake financial processing & reporting processes
- Produce purchase orders, process invoices
- Draft email communications and monitor the email inbox in a
timely and professional manner
- Support the maintenance of good relationships with the stakeholders
- Perform other relevant duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be provided with the opportunity to complete the Apprenticeship in Business Administration, Administrator Level 3 and gain the qualification
- Understand organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision
- Take responsibility for own work
- Functional Skills in ICT, Maths & English (*where applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The City of London is committed to employing and progressing those apprentices who have successfully completed their Apprenticeship Programme
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Deal with confidential matters, Professional + Efficient, Manages tasks effectively, Good working relationships, Recognises value of diversity, Excellent attendance, Confident telephone manner, Discuss time pressure, Seek feedback, Work to a high standard, Finish before giving up, Initiative to work alone, Honest, reliable + punctual, Highly motivated, Demonstrable MS Office Skills, Be well-presented, Friendly + Approachable, Reliable + Punctual, Respectful to colleagues, Calm in challenging situations, Able to work independently
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C (4/5) Minimum) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade C (4/5) Minimum) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C (4/5) Minimum) Essential