Cultural Learning & Participation Apprentice
THE WEST MIDLANDS CREATIVE ALLIANCE LIMITED
Escape helps people of all age groups to work together on art and heritage projects, building strong, happy communities and supporting wellbeing. For over 20 years Escape has developed a diverse programme of creative and heritage-led health and wellbeing workshops, both in Stratford and Nuneaton, as well as across Warwickshire. Part of Escape’s success is using this creativity to engage and celebrate stories of people, place and time in an exciting, empowering way. Escape brings people and communities together to share and learn across the generations.
Stratford upon Avon - The home of Escape is the Grade ll listed ‘Old Slaughterhouse Heritage & Arts Centre’ in the heart of the town. The charity rescued this fascinating building from dereliction in 2014. The site itself is steeped in history, being, amongst other things, a Butcher's Shop, a Tudor Pub, Rope-Walk and, back in the 1400's, a Shoemaker's. Now it is a vibrant community venue, offering a range of regular Escape community arts, heritage and health workshops and community events. The centre is open to the public Thurs-Fri, hosting regular exhibitions and events, with tearoom and talks.
Nuneaton - our new home in Nuneaton is the Station Gallery, a former café on the platform. Having recently taken on the lease for this Victorian building Escape are looking forward to bringing creativity, community and wellbeing into this fantastic space.
This dynamic role requires you to work in our venues to welcome our customers, host exhibitions and assist in leading creative workshops. You will become part of a team that is responsible for project planning and delivery, programming, marketing and evaluation. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of wonderful volunteers, professional artists, cultural practitioners and delivery partners.
With Escape no one day is ever the same. We are a small, relaxed creative team but highly driven and always looking for the next exciting opportunity to take the work of the charity forward.
Duties to Include:
- Supporting and contributing to Escape Arts existing cultural and creative health work, such as, our regular community arts programme, after school club and exhibition development
- Assisting in the planning, organising and delivering creative and educational workshops
- Supporting community events, contributing to ideas planning; sourcing catering/refreshments/entertainment and public engagement
- Front of House and exhibition hosting, welcoming visitors and creating a great first impression. Providing excellent customer service in line with our policy
- Contributing to the Health and Safety of our customers/visitors and informing policy
- Helping to research and collate exhibition materials
- Helping to promote our services by developing marketing materials and other publications for online distribution and printing
- Assisting in social media and online marketing activities
- Contributing to planning and evaluation, including gathering customer feedback
- Helping organise volunteer and staff parties and celebrations
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met
We are a very supportive team, as part of this you will be required to carry out tasks, as and when required, this includes general office and cleaning duties. You’ll be expected to pitch in and contribute to the range of tasks that a small venue needs doing in addition to your main duties.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Proven written and communication skills
- Computer-literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for arts and culture and the belief in its value to society
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude
- A Flexible approach to working hours to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and reliable
Grade C/4 or above or equivalents in English and maths.
Cultural Learning & Participation Officer Level 3.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free