Do you have an interest in sound engineering, wonder how the lights and technical effects work in a show and what it takes to produce a live event?
During an Apprenticeship at Disney, you will get the chance to;
- Work side by side with industry leaders while you study towards your apprenticeship qualification
- You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
- You will learn about producing and maintaining live theatre from an experienced production company and be part of our crew
- You will work in all departments backstage which includes stage, costume, lighting, automation, cound, masks and puppets at a Disney Theatrical Production in the West end
- You will have the opportunity to choose one department in which to spend more time in year two of the apprenticeship
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Must be available to start the apprenticeship in September 2022
- You’ll study towards the Level 3 Creative Venue Technician Apprenticeship.
- This programme is 2 years long
- 20% of your working hours will be allocated to study time for your Apprenticeship
- Support from our trusted training provider
- Competitive salary with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
- Employee Resource Groups - WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST
- Potential - this is an Apprenticeship! We don’t expect you to come with all the skills and knowledge, but what we do want is enthusiasm; we want you to be eager to learn the job and committed to your apprenticeship studies too
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- A passion for production, live entertainment, cultural events industry
- Collaborative approach
- Must be on target to achieve/have achieved a minimum of 2 C’s at A-Level or BTEC equivalent
- Must have achieved 5 grades 9-4 at GCSE (A*-C or above) including maths and English or equivalent
Level 3 Creative Venue Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- ABTT Bronze Award
- ABTT AutoCAD
- Functional Skills in English and maths as required