Craft Apprenticeship (Electrical Engineering)
Western Power Distribution
WESTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION (SOUTH WEST) PLC
THE POWER TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Keeping the lights on, families warm, communities comfortable and businesses ticking over is a huge responsibility but it's one we thrive on. We strive to be not only one of the largest electricity distribution network operators in the UK, but also the best.
Individually and all together, working collectively and collaboratively, our 6700 people are the power behind the network that underpins everyday life.
Wherever you join us - in whatever role - you will be supported, trusted and empowered to do your job and do it well.
- Craftsperson Lines-people carry out the construction, maintenance, replacement and repair of overhead lines up to and including 66kV
- Craftsperson Jointers carry out jointing techniques up to 66kV, including excavation, cable laying, reinstatement and fault location on LV cables
- Craftsperson Fitters carry out the annual maintenance of plant and switchgear up to 66kV. They’re also responsible for the programming and monitoring of immediate work colleagues and switching up to 66kV, among other tasks
Guaranteed job at the end of the apprenticeship. Ability to progress within the Company.
- No annual leave in the first 12 weeks
- Working at heights (for overhead roles)
- Learning skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Strong work values
- Right first time every time
Minimum of 5 x GCSE at grade C / Level 4 or above or equivalent. These must include maths, English Language and Science.
- Power network craftsperson Apprenticeship
Your training will involve 12 weeks intensive training at one of our dedicated Training Centres and continues with "on job" and technical training to help you achieve the City & Guilds 2339 Level 2 and Level 3 in Electrical Engineering.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.