What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils.
- Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with pupils.
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and help to develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
- To respect confidentiality at all times.
- Attend relevant school meetings as required.
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- To attend to pupils personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Level 3
English and maths Functional Skills (If Required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential offer of a permanent position for the right candidate.
Reality CheckSalary will be National Living/Minimum Wage Depending on Age You will be expected to be flexible and provide support across the team when needed. This may include supporting meal times for the children.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Patience, Creative, Non judgemental, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential