Cooksongold is the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker with over 20,000 products including a huge stock of silver, gold, palladium and platinum bullion cut to your requirements (sheet, wire, tube, solder, grain, settings) as well as huge ranges of findings, loose and finished chain, gemstones, ring blanks, jewellery making tools, silver clay, beading materials and much more.
Working across the entire Birmingham site to provide support for the Production Team in a variety of process operation tasks.
- Melting & Casting of precious metal alloys
- Stock Control & Management
- Sheet, Wire, Tube & Strip Manufacture, using many different production machines & processes
- Metal Annealing
- CNC Machining; Hand & Machine, Stamping & Press Work; Process Control
- Precision Measurement
- Support the company in Process Development. Improvements, New Products etc.
- Provide some amount of first line maintenance to the production equipment
The Production Apprentice will spend time on rotation between all 5 of the manufacturing departments, learning the processes & taking some responsibility for the work carried out. There is an average of 2-3 months in each department.
In addition, the apprentice would gain an understanding of safe working & the law (specific to the job & department's requirement).
There are departmental mentors for each department & skill set.
The Apprentice Role Manager would be responsible for regular reviews, meetings with apprentices & mentors & ensuring that each & every apprentice is gaining the experience & skills for each area & for Cooksongold Overall. ARM is also responsible for the 1 year rotation plan for each Production Apprentice.
Following your apprenticeship you may become a production engineer.
- Security Policy on site - no jewellery or mobile phones (lockers provided)
- Clocking in system for Time and Attendance
- Uniforms provided
- Health & Safety Policy - PPE worn at all times in the factory
- COVID measures
- DBS Check TBC
- A keen interest in engineering, manufacturing and maintenance
- Ability to apply logic to solve problems
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hardworking and reliable
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards work
- The ability to use initiative for independent work
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Great work ethic
3 - 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above including English, maths, and ICT.
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting Relevant Workplace Training
- Functional Skills (If required)