Apprenticeship Programme and Career Development:
BMW offers an enhanced level 6-degree apprenticeship. The four-year programme is designed to enable you to experience different aspects of engineering and production technology including robotics, controls systems, machining, fluid power, electronics, systems control and many more.
The first year of the program is purely in a learning environment where in addition to starting the academic requirements of your program in engineering mechatronic based BTEC NC, you will undertake a practical based engineering program which covers core engineering skills such as milling and turning, hand skills, electrical and electronic circuits and control and fluid power, PLC’s etc.
Following this you will undertake competency-based training while working on site and start your degree program with the foundation degree in year one and finishing a full degree by the end of the apprenticeship.
Control Engineers will complete a broad spectrum of placements throughout the business in the UK.
Placements cover many aspects of the business such as:
- Complete manufacturing analysis
- Supplier liaison/problem solving
- Siemens PLC with automation
- Robotic facilities
- Manufacturing process and facility planning (Both electrical and mechanical)
- Software integration
- Metrology - computer aided measurement and analysis of manufacturing facilities
- Supply and vehicle build planning (Logistics)
- Launch planning/control manufacturing system interfaces
The placements give you the chance to experience the business as a whole whilst carrying out business relevant projects alongside your study. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of the benefits of working for a world-class global automotive manufacturer, networking with people of different nationalities and to put theory directly into practice.
As well as developing your specialist technical knowledge you will be expected to successfully complete an honours degree in engineering which is fully funded by the company.
Following the successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will start your career within the maintenance Engineering department where you will have the opportunity to apply the skills you’ve learnt, with your continued development and engagement, you could then have the opportunity to develop into a full control engineer. These teams are responsible for ensuring that the technology within our business is state of the art and maintains its optimal efficiencies.
Personal development within the BMW Group never stops! This begins with vocational courses and continues with selective training throughout your career.
A BMW Apprenticeship offers multiple career choices and enables you to make the most of your abilities.
As part of your application you have been asked to upload specific documents. If you do not attach these, your application will not be progressed.
You must also be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK or European passport holder.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing and an assessment centre.
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to think logically
- Well disciplined
- Show initiative
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at level 6/B (or above or equivalent) including maths and English
- A minimum of 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C (or above) or a BTEC level 3 (60 credits plus) or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Technology discipline
- Level 6 Degree Control/Technician
- Foundation Competence (Basic Hand Skills in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering)
- Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (6 Bridging Units Year 1)
- Foundation Degree in Engineering FEng
- BSc or BEng Hons Degree in Engineering
- End Point Assessment