To work collaboratively with the Operations team providing support on financial issues along with invoicing and purchasing. Perform administration tasks for NEC Group contract in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
Your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Production of accurate monthly billing for Events and Exhibitions held at the NEC contract sites with appropriate backing information
- Liaise with stakeholders on any queries/issues relating to billing or finance information
- Maintain and check invoice trackers for NEC Group, ensuring all billing and costs are captured based on the information provided
- Prepare accruals, journals, and prepayments for areas of responsibility to ensure month end accounts are accurate
- Raise invoices, credits, and cancellations efficiently and accurately meeting deadlines for period end, and ensuring correct approvals are obtained where necessary
- Raise Purchase Order requests in line with company policy received from Operations, challenging the value of spend required where necessary
- Set up new vendors/accounts when required
- Assist with budgets and forecasting
- To ensure that all daily tasks are completed accurately and raise any queries to the management team that cannot be resolved
- To undertake any training in relation to the working role and be able to adapt to changes within the system
- Ensure all documentation is filed/saved accurately in accordance with Company procedure
- To be available to assist with other administration duties at busy times and provide cover for annual leave.
- All aspects of admin work, making and receiving calls, creating spreadsheets in excel, word, mail merges, photocopying, scanning, and filing etc.
Health and Safety Accountabilities:
- Communicate regularly with colleagues through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and that morale remains high
- Ensure that the OCS safety image is reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues
- Ensure that personal H&S competence and skill level is maintained i.e. attended Managing Safety programme and other Company safety events
- Take responsibility for ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained and fit for purpose
- Ensure that work activities are properly managed and supervised
Critical Performance Measures/Objectives:
- Timely and accurate input into the monthly management accounts
- Support the operations with high quality information
- IT literate on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Ensure all work is action immediately in line with set SLA’s
- Manage purchasing spend pro-actively to maintain reasonable levels of expenditure
- Ensure clear and regular communication with Finance Supervisor on all issues
- There may be opportunities on the local contract for a permanent position or within the wider OCS Group.
- Strong numeracy levels
- Sound knowledge of Windows based applications with strong IT and systems skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated, organised individual who is confident and competent in communicating with various levels of stakeholders
- A self-starter who is able to manage own workload and proactively engage in activities
- As part of the support functions, the ability to create and maintain professional relationships with peers and colleagues is crucial, with a high degree confidentiality
- Good standard of education required.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 3 AAT.