What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside our Site Supervisor you will
- Manage and assist a small team (2 to 3 people) of site support staff
- Assist with the day to day running of the site
- Assist trades persons with the movement of materials within the site
- General labouring and ensuring general tidiness is maintained
- Management of pedestrian access ways throughout the construction and welfare areas
- Management and coordination of waste skips
- Keep the site free of windblown debris
- Assist the management of traffic.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will receive a HNC in Construction (Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 4) at the end of your training (2 years + EPA)
- You will do your training at London South Bank University Southwark Campus
- You will study part time and take six modules in total and three modules of study per year
- Most modules are taught across two semesters allowing development to be taken at a progressive pace. All modules are at Level 4 and carry a 20 credit weighting
- The course will be a mixture of lecture, tutorials and practical based exercises and will be assessed by a wide variety of methods including, written coursework, presentations, projects and multiple choice examinations.
- All students are allocated a personal tutor who they will normally meet with once per semester. As an apprentice they will also be allocated a Skills Assessor who will be ensuring that regular progress reviews take place and that they are on track for completion of the apprenticeship
- The course is designed to enable those employed in relevant areas of the construction industry to gain a formal academic qualification (HNC Construction) and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours associated with the Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, students will be eligible for progression to the BSc Construction Site Management Degree apprenticeship
Reality CheckThe role will include working outside within a construction site The NLHPP ERF Project is a significant investment for North London and an exciting project to launch your career within construction. ACCIONA is an international company with a significant global presence and a growing profile within the UK. Employees have the opportunity to work across the globe on our projects.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent A Level (Grade DD) Essential
BTEC or equivalent BTEC National Diploma (Grade PPP) Essential