What will the apprentice be doing?
· Overseeing the logistics of a project.
· Managing the subcontractors undertaking the works.
· Ensuring works meet required specification and quality benchmarks.
· Keeping a daily diary of what’s going/ gone on.
· Work closely with the Senior CM & TSM in delivering the project.
· Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager in planning the works.
· Manage the reporting of all health and safety issues including accidents and near misses.
· Identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction.
· Review designs and drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
· Produce precise and succinct project reports.
· Produce logistic plans and method statements.
· Review and manage temporary works processes associated with the project works.
· Work with planners to develop detailed programmes/ produce short term programmes.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Construction Management Site Apprenticeship at level 4 with Westminster University.
University will be 1 day per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
ISG is a forward-thinking company focusing on people welfare. We are not like a traditional Construction company and have a family/friendly culture on site and in the offices. You have the ability to make a difference to what the company does as well as the opportunity to build a fantastic portfolio by working on different projects and sectors. There is something here for everyone depending on your interests!
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent NA (Grade BCC to BBB) Essential